Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

No Friends in High School

In the summer of 2011, I moved from windy Delaware back to Georgia with my family. I was starting my junior year of high school and had been promised by the faculty and staff that my new high school (which I won't name so as not to offend anyone should they discover my blog) was almost like a family and the class of 2013 was the best thing since sliced bread. Like any other normal person, my expectations were pretty high. Visions of me being myself and having lots of friends made me pretty damn excited to attend the remainder of my high school education there. But after going there for two long years, I can honestly say it was just like a family; the class of 2013 being a tight-knit group of individuals who had most-likely gone there since elementary school (to clarify, most private/Christian schools offer grade pre-K through 12th). It was extremely difficult to make fit in, especially for someone who is shy such as myself.

Save for a handful of people, no one attempted to become friends with me or include me in activities outside of class. Granted, I have been in the position where I didn't want to become friends with the 'new kid' before, but that is no excuse for being stuck-up and selfish. So I sat in the back of the classroom and often times felt like a brick in the wall. I couldn't wait to graduate.

But now that I have graduated, I keep being invited by the principal to come back for various alumni events such as an 'alumni banquet' that went on early this evening to football games (which for record, the football team sucks; the cheerleaders could beat them in a game of football). I don't know why they think I would want to go back to a place that made me feel like I didn't belong.

I think I'm going to stop there. I'm going to quit ranting about things you probably don't care about. But like always, please feel free to leave me a comment about what you thought of this post in the comments below! 

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment