Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to my LIFESTYLE: No More Junk Food and Sugar



This past week I travelled to New Smyrna Beach with my friend Kara and her family. While we were on vacation, we ate a crap load of junk: Coke Zero, Hershey chocolate bars, cookies, cake, ice-cream. I'm afraid I may have gained the back the five pounds I lost this summer. (I'm not fat, I'm just trying to get back down to my average weight of 120lbs.)

So I'm going back to my super healthy eating (which is my LIFESTYLE, not my diet). Which means, no sugar and eating lots of organic fruits and vegetables and I'm going to drink so many Green Monsters (not those awful sugary energy drinks, I mean, spinach smoothies). And I'm also going to continue to apply Jillian Michael's 'Four by Four' rule (eat 4 meals a day, every four hours).

Here's my basic meal plan:

Breakfast: Chobani Flip Lowfat Greek Yogurt (Raspberry Choco Fix, Almond Coco Loco, Keylime Crumble, or Blueberry Power flavor), organic brown sugar oatmeal with 1 spoonful of organic milled* flax seed and a dash of organic almond milk, and 1 cup of hot organic jasmine green tea with 1 packet of Stevia OR 1 cup of hot organic chai tea with 1 packets of Stevia.

*Milled flax seed is different from ground flax seed. Milled just means they take the outside of the flax seed off before grounding it so that it lasts longer. Because of the capsule, ground flax seed can get moldy and therefore, goes bad.



Lunch: organic flax seed bread (toasted) with organic peanut butter, organic honey, and 1 organic banana sliced (sandwich) OR a Mocha Green Monster** OR Annie's Organic Gluten Free Rice Macaroni.

**For recipe click here: http://www.fullmeasureofhappiness.com/2012/02/26/mocha-green-monster/ I usually add 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder to mine, 1 scoop of chia seeds, and I use Ovalltine instead of unsweetened cocoa powder almond milk instead of regular milk. (Don't knock it 'til you try it. You can't even taste the spinach. It tastes similar to the mocha frappacino at Starbucks.)

Snack: organic raspberries and blueberries (I usually keep mine in the freezer) with a few pieces of brie OR a Mocha Green Monster, depending on whether or not I had one for lunch.

Dinner: whatever my mom cooks for supper, but I think I might start steaming vegetables and eating that instead. (I don't know what it is, but I'm starting to crave bland food. I can't even stand it when Mom cooks the veggies with beaf bouillon anymore.)

I'm going to start making it a goal to drink a gallon of water each day, not just to help my body to detox itself from all that junk last week, but also because I should be drinking a ton of water for my overall health and wellness anyways.

I realize that I didn't put very much meat onto my basic meal plan, but I can assure you I'm not a vegetarian, or a vegan for that matter. I just don't eat a ton of meat - as you can see I get plenty of protein from that Mocha Green Monster. And when I do eat meat, it's usually at dinner.

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment