Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Next Chapter

I recently graduated high school back in May - May 31st to be exact, and I'll be heading off to college in the fall with an undeclared major. Seems legit. But to be honest, I feel like I'm 'going through the motions.' I'm going to college because 'everyone else is.' I'm trying to find a part-time job because 'everyone else is.' But what about me? What if college ISN'T right for me? What if I don't even want to go to college?

But the thought of not going to college scares the hell out of me. The world says that if you don't go to college and get some sort of degree you can never be successful and you'll never have a well-paying job. I've seen what happens to people who don't go to college. They ended up poor and living off the government with no job and no money. I don't want to end up like that. I don't want to end up with a crappy job.

Yet, even if I have a well paying job that I hate, wouldn't that be the equivalent? I heard a quote that said, "if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life." All I want is to be doing something that I love and that I'm passionate about. If I'm doing that, the rest will follow. The amount of money I make won't matter because I'll be happy. And it'll be worth it.

"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."  -Henry David Thoreau

Before I go, here's a picture from graduation. It feels so wonderful to get that weight off my back.





Please feel free to leave me a comment down below. And have a wonderful day!

Savannah


No comments:

Post a Comment